Josh came across these little whole grain wheat thins one day, and they instantly became one of our favorite breakfast meals! I create a breakfast sandwich with anything I have in my fridge!
- Mixed greens
- Roasted vegetables
- Homemade salsa
Mise en place: A French culinary phrase, meaning “everything in its place”
When you organize your ingredients, every meal is quick and easy to prepare:
- Cook two egg whites for each sandwich *Note: egg whites are protein-rich and low in calories!
- Toast your wheat thins while your eggs are cooking
- Assemble your scrumptious breakfast sandwiches! *Note: These sandwiches are very filling; make one for yourself and wait to see if you’re still hungry.
* Guacamole adds creaminess to your sandwich, I use guacamole OR cheese, to keep the fat content at a good level.
Are you looking for exciting ways to enjoy the amazing benefits of vegetables?! Wraps are perfect for a quick lunch on the go! Josh doesn’t know it yet, but he is on a mostly-vegetarian diet, and he’s loving it!
Zesty Garden Wrap with a Spicy Kick
- Wraps: Spinach and Herb
- Veggies: Zucchini, Carrots, Baby Bellas, Yellow Onions
- Mixed Green Mix
- Quinoa *Tip: Always have cooked quinoa in your fridge!
- Greek Yogurt Sauce: roasted garlic, chipotle peppers, cilantro, freshly ground pepper, pinch of kosher salt
- Grill your veggies and wraps! *Tip: An indoor stove top grill is very convenient!
2. Mix up your sauce
*Greek yogurt adds calcium, protein, zinc, and vitamins B6 and B12 to your wrap; with little to no fat!
3. Assemble your wraps and enjoy!
When it rains, I get an immediate craving for soup! My hubby, Josh, always asks for his favorite… chicken noodle soup! Since I often look for a reason to add my Mexican flair to my recipes, I incorporated both of our tastes with a smoky chicken tortilla soup!
- Roasting chicken-season with: cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, thyme, freshly ground pepper, and a pinch of Kosher salt.
- Corn tortillas– five, diced
- Vegetables– (diced) carrots, celery, onion
- Herbs– cilantro and thyme
- Legumes– kidney beans, cooked
- Smoky flavors and deliciousness– chipotle peppers, roasted garlic cloves, chile de arbol powder
- Garnish– guacamole, crunchy tortilla strips
Roast your chicken in the oven. Cool it, and shred it. Save the bones for chicken stock!
Two pots: One for chicken stock; one for sauteing and bringing the flavors out of your ingredients.
Saute in a little olive oil: corn tortillas, smoky flavors and deliciousness, herbs, vegetables, and kidney beans. When your vegetables are soft, add in the shredded chicken and chicken stock. Bring up to a boil and let the flavors marry.
This soup is addictive! Once you have a spoonful of the steaming hot, spicy, savory broth; the tender, sweet vegetables; the juicy, garlicky- chicken, and my favorite part- the guacamole; you will not want to stop! I, myself, had three bowls. Luckily, this soup is low in fat, and spicy foods are known to accelerate the metabolism!
If you have any soup left, you can freeze it for up to three months! This is very convenient for healthy eating and satisfying your taste buds, with minimum effort!