This French Toast is my new favorite! It has a chewy, nutty, satisfying texture that is perfectly combined with soft and sweet peaches. I added Greek yogurt for it’s thick-creamy texture, protein, and calcium content!
After tasting this, you will not want to go back to the sugar-loaded, full-of-fat, empty-in-nutrients “traditional” French Toast.
Best of all, this French Toast has amazing flavors that are sure to delight!
- Whisk: egg whites, vanilla extract, cinnamon, tablespoon of coconut milk, and a pinch of Kosher salt.
- Honey-Peach Syrup- In a small sauce pan, add: frozen peaches, water, honey, and cinnamon. Bring up to a boil, and let it simmer until it thickens.
- Dip your 12 grain bread slices into the egg white mixture. Heat up a small sauce pan, and add a tiny bit of butter *No more than one tablespoon.
- Brown your bread slices, so that it has crispy crispy-buttery edges. You can finish them in the oven to make sure that the egg whites are completely cooked, if you’d like. It shouldn’t take more than ten minutes, depending on how thick your bread slices are. Plate your French Toast, don’t forget the dollop of Greek Yogurt!
These breakfast tacos are sure to spice up your morning! They are bursting with flavors of roasted chiles, caramelized onions, smoky spices, and fresh herbs. The spice is then cooled down and balanced by the creaminess and citrus taste of the Avocado Salsa, that I will share with you today!
All you need is: Yield: Approx. 1 cup
- A blender
- 2 ripe avocados *they should be firm to the touch, but not hard.
- The juice from 2-3 fresh limes
- Fresh cilantro *I used two sprigs- if you don’t like cilantro, substitute with parsley
- 1 roasted serrano chile- peel and seeds removed
- Roasted garlic clove
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- Water- about 1/2 cup
Simply blend all of your ingredients and adjust to your taste and desired consistency.
*Tip! There is no need to add any cream, avocados are naturally creamy.
Have you heard that avocados are “the good kind of fat”?
This is because they contain monounsaturated fatty acids, which studies show helps lower cholesterol levels.
Avocados are also nutrient-dense, containing around 20 vitamins and minerals! These vitamins and minerals help give you healthy eyes, skin, hair, as well as many other benefits….
What does sour cream do for you?
Josh came across these little whole grain wheat thins one day, and they instantly became one of our favorite breakfast meals! I create a breakfast sandwich with anything I have in my fridge!
- Mixed greens
- Roasted vegetables
- Homemade salsa
Mise en place: A French culinary phrase, meaning “everything in its place”
When you organize your ingredients, every meal is quick and easy to prepare:
- Cook two egg whites for each sandwich *Note: egg whites are protein-rich and low in calories!
- Toast your wheat thins while your eggs are cooking
- Assemble your scrumptious breakfast sandwiches! *Note: These sandwiches are very filling; make one for yourself and wait to see if you’re still hungry.
* Guacamole adds creaminess to your sandwich, I use guacamole OR cheese, to keep the fat content at a good level.