This French Toast is my new favorite! It has a chewy, nutty, satisfying texture that is perfectly combined with soft and sweet peaches. I added Greek yogurt for it’s thick-creamy texture, protein, and calcium content!
After tasting this, you will not want to go back to the sugar-loaded, full-of-fat, empty-in-nutrients “traditional” French Toast.
Best of all, this French Toast has amazing flavors that are sure to delight!
- Whisk: egg whites, vanilla extract, cinnamon, tablespoon of coconut milk, and a pinch of Kosher salt.
- Honey-Peach Syrup- In a small sauce pan, add: frozen peaches, water, honey, and cinnamon. Bring up to a boil, and let it simmer until it thickens.
- Dip your 12 grain bread slices into the egg white mixture. Heat up a small sauce pan, and add a tiny bit of butter *No more than one tablespoon.
- Brown your bread slices, so that it has crispy crispy-buttery edges. You can finish them in the oven to make sure that the egg whites are completely cooked, if you’d like. It shouldn’t take more than ten minutes, depending on how thick your bread slices are. Plate your French Toast, don’t forget the dollop of Greek Yogurt!
Needless to say, he was delighted. I love creating my own pizza because I can make sure that every element is just the way we like it! From the cooked to a crisp crust, to the delectably spicy and savory buffalo sauce–that I made with the juices of the marinated, tender chicken breasts I baked and shredded for the topping, to the sweet-caramelized red onion and melted blue cheese crumbles.
It all starts with the crust! Here is the guideline (“recipe”) that I use:
(Yield: 3 large pizzas)
*Tip: tightly- wrapped dough stores well in the refrigerator for a day or two, you can also keep it in your freezer for up to three weeks.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting and if your dough is sticky
- 1 1/2 cups warm-hot water
- One packet (.25 oz) active dry yeast
- Pinch of Kosher salt (about 1 tsp.)
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Freshly ground pepper (because Josh loves it!)
- In one small bowl: dissolve the yeast into the warm-hot water. In a large bowl: whisk together the flour and salt.
- Add the yeast mixture into the flour mixture. Knead the mixture with your clean hands, until a ball forms. *If it’s too dry- add a little water (about a tablespoon at a time), *if it’s too sticky- add a little flour (about 1/2 tablespoon at a time). Drizzle in a little olive oil. Cover your pizza dough with plastic wrap and store in a warm place. Allow your dough to double in size. *This is a very important step! Once it is ready (about an hour), cut into three equal size pieces.
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Extend your dough onto a large pizza pan (I use the perforated ones) Make tiny breathing holes using a fork, and season with freshly ground pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Cook your pizza crust for approximately 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Add your toppings and change the oven to broil to create a delicious layer of hot, crispy, melted goodness!
These breakfast tacos are sure to spice up your morning! They are bursting with flavors of roasted chiles, caramelized onions, smoky spices, and fresh herbs. The spice is then cooled down and balanced by the creaminess and citrus taste of the Avocado Salsa, that I will share with you today!
All you need is: Yield: Approx. 1 cup
- A blender
- 2 ripe avocados *they should be firm to the touch, but not hard.
- The juice from 2-3 fresh limes
- Fresh cilantro *I used two sprigs- if you don’t like cilantro, substitute with parsley
- 1 roasted serrano chile- peel and seeds removed
- Roasted garlic clove
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- Water- about 1/2 cup
Simply blend all of your ingredients and adjust to your taste and desired consistency.
*Tip! There is no need to add any cream, avocados are naturally creamy.
Have you heard that avocados are “the good kind of fat”?
This is because they contain monounsaturated fatty acids, which studies show helps lower cholesterol levels.
Avocados are also nutrient-dense, containing around 20 vitamins and minerals! These vitamins and minerals help give you healthy eyes, skin, hair, as well as many other benefits….
What does sour cream do for you?
Go outside of your comfort zone and enjoy a slice of watermelon with crispy red onion (*soak in ice water to decrease the pungency), sweet and creamy honey goat cheese, crunchy: cashews, walnuts, and macadamia nuts (*raw nuts contain many vitamins, nutrients, and healthy fats). Top it off with mixed greens tossed in a white wine reduction and finished with freshly ground pepper.
It will be a juicy, sweet, and savory treat for your taste buds!
Salad is always a good idea! It is a quick and easy way to use anything you have in your fridge. To keep it exciting and nutritious, use a variety of fresh ingredients that pair perfectly together.
The key is to balance flavors* This red Burgundy Wine Vinaigrette has the richness of dark cherries, the sweetness of raw-unfiltered honey, and the savory flavors of fresh thyme, parsley, and garlic.
Here is how you can make this delightful salad at home:
- Five baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 1/4 yellow onion
- Fresh mixed greens
- Julienne your vegetables (this means slicing into 1/8th of an inch slices) *It doesn’t have to be perfect, just as similar in size as you can get them
- Sautée in a little olive oil, and set aside.
For the rich Burgundy wine Vinaigrette: (Yield: 1/2 cup)
- Two cups of Burgundy red wine
- One cup of good quality extra-virgin olive oil *the taste will come through in the vinagrette
- Two cloves of fresh garlic (or as much garlic as you want)
- Two sprigs of thyme
- Generous pinch of fresh parsley
- Dash of kosher salt
- Tablespoon of raw-unfiltered honey *this is my favorite honey thus far
- Tablespoon of honey mustard *this will help bind the vinaigrette and more honey? yes, please!
- Add all of your ingredients in a large pan (except for the honey mustard)
- Bring up to a boil, then down to a simmer. When it becomes thick, it is ready for the blender!
- Add the honey mustard, taste your vinaigrette to see if you want to adjust any ingredients, blend for a few minutes, and voila!
Toss your salad and enjoy!
Josh said this salad was amazing; that he had never tasted anything like it and it is now one of his favorites!
This meaty, savory, delectable salad will change the way you look at mushrooms.
Josh came across these little whole grain wheat thins one day, and they instantly became one of our favorite breakfast meals! I create a breakfast sandwich with anything I have in my fridge!
- Mixed greens
- Roasted vegetables
- Homemade salsa
Mise en place: A French culinary phrase, meaning “everything in its place”
When you organize your ingredients, every meal is quick and easy to prepare:
- Cook two egg whites for each sandwich *Note: egg whites are protein-rich and low in calories!
- Toast your wheat thins while your eggs are cooking
- Assemble your scrumptious breakfast sandwiches! *Note: These sandwiches are very filling; make one for yourself and wait to see if you’re still hungry.
* Guacamole adds creaminess to your sandwich, I use guacamole OR cheese, to keep the fat content at a good level.